Configure the TCQ
IBM® Connect:Direct® provides initialization parameters that allow you to configure the TCQ. These parameters fall into the following categories:
- Controlling startup—two parameters determine what the TCQ does
with existing Processes:
- TCQ = WARM | COLD, whose default value of WARM specifies that all existing Processes in the TCQ are retained. COLD requests that the TCQ be cleared of all processes.
- CONFIRM.COLD.START = YES | NO, whose default value you must change to force the operator to confirm the request for a COLD start before executing it.
- Controlling efficiency of the TCQ—the following parameters provide
several flexible configuration options in this area.
- MAX.AGE lets you specify the number of days to wait before purging a Process. With this parameter you can also manage the Wait and Hold queues by specifying which type of Process to purge (that is, those with a specific status) or the number of days to wait to purge for each status type.
- MAX.AGE.TOD used to change the system default of automatically purging the TCQ at midnight and whenever IBM Connect:Direct is initialized. Optional.
- TCQ.THRESHOLD specifies when a warning is issued to indicate the TCQ is reaching capacity and Processes may be deleted. It is also the auto-deletion threshold for the PR queue.
- Holding Processes—two parameters determine if submitted Processes
- QUIESCE specifies
whether or not IBM Connect:Direct holds
Processes from execution.Note: The QUIESCE parameter helps you in your efforts to clean up a TCQ, that has become corrupt. See Using the TCQ/TCX Repair Utility (DGADTQFX) for details.
- REQUEUE specifies whether to requeue a Process, that ABENDS or results in a return code greater than 4.
- QUIESCE specifies whether or not IBM Connect:Direct holds Processes from execution.
- Retaining Processes after Execution—set the PROCESS.RETENTION parameter to save a Process in the PR queue after it has executed. Then view or select completed Processes.