Updating the Netmap through the IUI Interface
To issue the UPDATE NETMAP command through the IBM® Connect:Direct® IUI, perform the following steps.
Note: Updating the network map through the IUI can take significant time. For mass updates, consider batch processing.
- To change or create a new member with your updates, change the network map source to use the $$ACTION verbs.
- Ensure that IBM Connect:Direct is running.
- Access the Update network map screen by selecting option
UNM from the Administrative Options Menu.
node.name UPDATE NETWORK MAP hh:mm CMD ==> WARNING: THIS COMMAND CAN TAKE SIGNIFICANT TIME. FOR MASS UPDATES, BATCH PROCESSING SHOULD BE CONSIDERED! ENTER NETMAP INPUT FILE NAME: ==> ____________________________________________ ENTER MEMBER NAME: (OPTIONAL) ==> ________ ENTER DDNAME FOR LOG FILE OR "NONE": (DEFAULTS TO "CDLOG", ==> ________ FIRST TWO CHARACTERS MUST BE “CD”) OUTPUT DESTINATION ==> DIS (DIS-DISPLAY,PRT-PRINT)
- Type the network map source file name and appropriate optional parameters and press ENTER. Unless you select PRINT on the Update NETMAP screen, the report routes to your terminal.
- Verify the results on the activity report.
- Correct any errors identified on the activity report and re-type if necessary.