Troubleshooting in a Docker Container environment
This section describes how to troubleshoot in your Docker container environment.
When you encounter an issue in your containerized environment, run the following checks to assist you with troubleshooting process.
Get container information such as, container-id and check the node status if it is Up
docker ps -a
- Retrieve the logs for a container
docker logs <container-id>
Rerun a failed container deployment job
When a container deployment fails investigate the cause and follow the procedure given below over command line:
- Use the command below to stop the failed container, if it is still
docker stop <container-id>
- Delete the stopped container
docker rm <container-id>
- Delete the Connect:Direct data mapped to Storage Volume
- Re-run the deployment steps described in Deploying IBM Connect:Direct for UNIX using a Docker container.
View Container logs
- Check the container logs using the
docker logs <container-name>
- From the mapped path on Storage Volume, check the silent installation logs
- IBM Connect:Direct for UNIX traces for PMGR, SMGR or CMGR can be enabled using the
Connect:Direct Web Services. From the mapped path on Storage Volume, check the traces generated
- IBM Connect:Direct for UNIX statistics can be checked in the
workdirectory inside the mapped path on Storage Volume.