When running Connect:Direct for UNIX with an S3 object store be aware of the following limitations:
- EC2 instance is static, not elastic.
- The ability to support CDU/S3 direct access from on-prem nodes is not present in this release.
- File transfers via cloud are not supported by Run Task/Job or other areas that specify a filename.
- The partSize is limited to 100 MB only. So, the user can configure partSize as any value ranging from 5 MB to 100 MB.
- Maximum file size which can be transferred to S3 is 5TB.
- The user should consider cost associated with the usage of cloud resources.
- S3 does not support the option MOD (modify) for files that are transferred via Connect:Direct. Only NEW or RPL(replace) is supported. Wildcard Copy is not supported over cloud.
- If there are multiple versions of the same file present in S3 bucket then only the latest version can be downloaded and not any previous version.
- To enable Multipart upload, set
ckptparameter value to 0. Checkpoint restart can be explicitly configured within a copy step through the ckpt parameter. If it is not configured in the copy step, it can be configured in the Initparms through the
ckpt.intervalparameter. For more information see, Connect:Direct for UNIX Getting Started Guide