Installing IBM Connect:Direct
To install Connect:Direct® for UNIX:
If you downloaded the software from IBM Passport Advantage, extract the installation files from
the download folder.
Note: For information on the how to download software using Passport Advantage see, https://www.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage/index.html.
- Log on to the UNIX system with the privileges required to install software. You can create an account specifically for this purpose. Do not install as root.
Type the following command and press Enter to change to the directory
that correspond to the UNIX platform:
cd /<platform directory>
Refer to the following information for the name of the platform directory for each platform.
- HP UX Itanium
- IBM® System pSeries
- Sun SPARC systems
- Red Hat
- Linux for zSeries
Type the following command to start the installation and press
Installation on Linux platforms displays the following message: awk: cmd. line:6: warning: escape sequence `\.' treated as plain `.'
This is a known issue with Install Anywhere and does not effect installation or functionality of Sterling Connect:Direct File Agent for UNIX on Linux.
- Read the information displayed and press Enter.
- Type the path name of the directory where Connect:Direct for UNIX will be installed and press Enter.
- Press Enter to confirm the location
Do one of the following:
- Press Enter to accept install the Server and Client on the same computer.
- Type 2 to install the Server only and press Enter.
- Type 3 to install the Client only and press Enter.
The following screen is displayed:
Type the path and filename of the installation file and press Enter.
If you are installing the Server and Client, a message is displayed to confirm that the server and client are being installed. If you selected option 2 or 3, the screen displays the software that will be installed.
If the destination directory does not have enough disk space, delete files to provide the necessary disk space. If disk space is available, the installation script copies files from the distribution media to the destination directory and verifies that the correct number of files and blocks are copied.
The customization script starts automatically when the installation is complete.