Secure+ Parameters File Auditing
IBM Connect:Direct® provides auditing of Secure+ parameters files and certificates for archival purposes.
The Connect:Direct Secure Plus Administration Tool (Secure+ Admin Tool) and the Connect:Direct Secure Plus Command Line Interface (Secure+ CLI) log changes made to the Connect:Direct Secure Plus parameters file (Secure+ parameters file). The following events are logged:
- Application Startup
- Init Parmfile
- Open Parmfile
- Sync Netmap
- Rekey Parmfile
- Create Node
- Update Node
- Delete Node
The Secure+ parameters file logging feature has the following operational characteristics:
- The logging feature is always enabled and cannot be disabled.
- If errors occur when the log is being updated, the application terminates.
- Each log entry contains a timestamp, user ID, and a description of the action/event.
- When an existing node is updated, any changed fields are reported.
- When a node is created or deleted, the values of all non-empty fields are reported.
- Any commands that modify a node are logged.
Note: The certificates used by Connect:Direct Secure Plus are individual files that can be stored anywhere on the system. As a result, the logging feature cannot detect when existing certificate files are modified. Connect:Direct Secure Plus only stores the certificate path name and detects changes to this field only.