Modify a Translation Table Using Connect:Direct Requester
Translation is performed if a data type of text is specified in the sysopts parameter of a copy statement.
- Select Admin > Translation Table.
- Type the name of the translation table file, or select
one of the following default translation tables from the drop-down
- Click OK.
Each cell stores the character value for the target character set. The source character set is used as an index into the table. For example, an ASCII blank (Hex 0) would fetch the byte at offset Hex 0 in the translation table. If the byte at location Hex 0 contains Hex code 40, that would translate to an EBCDIC code indicating a blank character.
- To view the shortcut menu, right-click in the Translation Table dialog box.
- Select one of the following representations for the table
- Select the elements in the table you want to modify and type in the new values.
- Right-click to see the shortcut menu and click Apply to save your changes.
- Click OK to save your changes to the selected Connect:Direct® node.