Adding a Run Task Statement
You can run programs and commands by adding the Run Task statement to a Process. The Run Task statement executes programs on the PNODE or the SNODE.
To add a Run Task statement:
- Open a Process file.
- Select Process > Insert > Run Task.
- To identify the step within the Process, type a label of up to 8 alphanumeric characters in Run Task Statement Label.
- Select the node where the program or command will execute in the Submit To field.
- Type one of the following, based on the node type, in the Program field:
- Type Windows for a Microsoft Windows node.
- Type UNIX for a UNIX node.
- For OS/400, type cmd(CL command) [parameter for OS/400 SBMJOB command] .
- For z/OS, type the name of the program to be attached as a subtask in uppercase letters.
- For HP NonStop, type the name of the object file.
- Use the Optional Parameters or Commands as necessary, for the operating system you selected in Step 5. Refer to the Help for syntax.
- Click the Comment tab and add a description of the command. This information is optional.
- Click OK.