Adding a User with Client Connection Utility
To add a new Connect:Direct® user from the Client Connection Utility:
- In the Client Connection Utility main window, select the node where you want to add a new user.
- From the File menu, select New User. The User Properties dialog box is displayed.
- Type information in the following fields:
- Name—Type the name of the new user. Either type the user name as defined in the Windows setup, such as lmore or type a fully qualified user name in the UPN format, such as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password—Type the password defined for the user.
- Verify Password—Retype the password defined for the user.
- Click the Remember password check box to automatically reload the password when you attach as this user.
- Click the Set as the default user check box if you want the new user to be the default user for the node.
- Click OK.
- If the verification password you typed does not match the initial password, you receive a message indicating the passwords do not match when you click OK. Retype the verification password and click OK.
- From the File menu, select Save to save the settings.
Note: Changes made to the node settings are not written to the Registry until you select Save.