Creating a Process
A Process begins with a Process statement that defines general information about the Process. When you create a Process, the PEND statement is added to the end of the Process and is a required statement that marks the end of a Process. Do not edit or delete the PEND statement.
- Select File > New > Process.
- Type a Process name, from 1 to 8 alphanumeric characters, in the Process Name field.
- If all work will be performed on the PNODE, type or select the name of the PNODE in the PNODE Name field.
- To issue a warning message if an attempt is made to submit the Process on a different PNODE, click Warn if submitted to a different node.
- To issue a warning message if an attempt is made to submit the Process on a PNODE with a different operating system, click Warn if submitted to a different operating system.
- Specify the SNODE in one of the following ways:
- Select the node from the drop-down menu.
- Type the name of a Connect:Direct® node.
- Specify an IP address and port, using the following format:
- Click OK.
- Add commands as necessary to the Process.
- If desired, change the options for the Process.