Editing a Work List in Text Format
You can edit the text of a Work List to change command statements.
Editing the text of a Work List is a task for experienced users.
To edit a work list in text format:
- Open the Work List that you want to edit.
- Select Work List > Edit/View Text.
- Edit the text as necessary using the following keyword
and syntax rules. The Work List Edit/View Text window
enables you to see the full text of all tasks in a Work List. You
can edit the text directly if necessary. Put a keyword on a line by
Work Task List
Ad Hoc Process Task
Submit Process Task
Local Program Task
The following table lists the syntax types and restrictions:
Syntax Type Restrictions
Work List Task Syntax
Must have the SET keyword
May have AutoMonitor and Serial Execution
May have variables
Local Program Task Syntax
Must have the RUN keyword
Must have the FILE keyword
Must have arguments or a working directory
Submit File Task Syntax
A Submit File task must have SUBMIT FILE= followed by the file name
Submit Run Task Syntax
Must have PEND at the end of the Run Task command
- Close the window. The program displays a message asking if you want to save your work.
- Click Yes. Your Work List is validated and saved. Any errors found during validation are displayed at the bottom of your screen.