Upgrading Guidelines for Connect:Direct for Microsoft Windows
Observe the following guidelines:
- Before you perform any upgrade procedure, create backup copies
of the following Connect:Direct® for Microsoft
If you are upgrading from v4.8.0 or later to Release 6.0, the directory should be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Connect Direct v4.8.0
- If you are upgrading from 4.7.0 or earlier to Release 6.0, the Directory should be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sterling Commerce\Connect Direct v4.n.n, where n.n represents your current version number.
- Registry: Where n.n represents your version number.32-bit OS64-bit OS
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sterling Commerce\Connect:Direct for Windows NT\v4.n.n
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sterling Commerce\Connect:Direct for Windows NT\v4.n.n
- If you are upgrading from an earlier version of Connect:Direct for Microsoft Windows, the installation automatically copies the network map and user definitions.
- Microsoft Installation (MSI) does not recognize the Install Shield installations; therefore, Install Shield and MSI cannot point to the same installation folder or you may have problems uninstalling Connect:Direct for Microsoft Windows. If you upgrade Connect:Direct for Microsoft Windows, the installation copies the folders of the older version of Connect:Direct for Microsoft Windows to the new installation directory before the new version is installed. The new version overwrites existing files in the destination folder.
- The ODBC DSN is updated to include new DSN names to prevent previous uninstalls from removing them. DBWiz updates the configuration of SQL Server databases.
Note: In-place upgrades are not supported.