Configuring Db2 on Windows
The base Db2 software is part of your Sterling Configure, Price, Quote software purchase. Db2 11.1 is provided with Release 10.0. However, if you are using the Db2 software that is provided as part of your purchase of Release 9.5, ensure that you also download and install fix pack 7 (or later) for Db2 10.5. Fix packs are available at IBM® Fix Central.
Before you begin
To install Db2, use the IBM Installation Manager. If you do not have IBM Installation Manager, install it as described in "Installing the IBM Installation Manager." Then configure Db2 as follows.
- Create the database. Refer to the Db2® documentation for information about creating the database, including creating a schema repository, login, and tablespace. Be sure to install the correct version and fix pack. Be sure to install the client components and compilers before you install the fix pack.
- Size the database by estimating the required disk space.
- Set the database connection properties.
Note: The installation script creates tables and indexes. Certain tables require a page size of 32K. You should have a tablespace to accommodate such tables. Db2 automatically places tables and indexes in the available tablespaces using its internal logic. You can move the tables to a different tablespace after the installation is complete.
- Install Client Components, Compilers, and Fix Pack.
- Set Parameters for Db2.
- Grant Permissions for Db2.
- Install JDBC Drivers for Db2.