Deploy the Sterling Configurator Visual Modeler on IBM WebSphere
Before you begin
About this task
WAS_HOME is the IBM
terminology for the
container_home directory. On a UNIX system, its default location is
/usr/WebSphere/AppServer/. In the WebSphere Administrator's Console, the node on which
the servlet container is installed is displayed as the machine name, which is referred to as
To deploy the Sterling Configurator Visual Modeler on
- Log in to administration console at:
using the WebSphere administrator account. You can also start the administration console from the Windows Start menu.
- Browse to , and uncheck the following check boxes:
- Enable application security to disable WebSphere security
- Java™ 2 Security to disable Java policy security
- Click Apply.
- Browse to .
- In the Preparing for the application installation panel, check the Local file system radio button, and click Browse to browse to the location of the WAR file.
- Enter the context name (for example, “Sterling”) for your Web application in the Context root text field, then click Next.
- In the Install New Application panel, Step 1 Select installation options, set the value of Application Name to your preferred one, for example “Sterling”, then click Next.
- In Step 2: Map modules to servers, Check Sterling Product Suite check box, then click Next.
- In Step 3: Map virtual hosts for Web modules:
- Check the Sterling Product Suite check box.
- Select default_host in the Virtual Host drop-down list.
- In Step 4: Summary, click Finish.
- When WebSphere completes
installing the Sterling Configurator Visual Modeler Web application, click
the Save directly to the master configuration link.
The Install New Application page displays when deployment completes.
- Click the Enterprise Applications link. On the Enterprise Applications page, select the application, then click Start.
- Verify that the Sterling Configurator Visual Modeler is successfully deployed by pointing your browser to:
http://<server>:9080/Sterling/en/US/enterpriseMgr/matrixNote: For WebSphere Application Server, select and set the following in Websphere administration console: .Note: In the Enterprise Applications page, select the application and configure the following: