Setting up printer preferences for a user
User Printer Preferences configures printers that are associated with a specific user. This preference is used to determine the printer to use when a user prints a document.
About this task
For example, receiving office associates all its users to the HP LaserJet 5P located in the office.
The association of a printer to a station overrides the group preference of the specified user. The station is a static location where devices may be directly attached to a station.
It is recommended that User Printer Preferences be configured at the group level for easier administration.
To set up printer preferences for a user:
- From the tree in the application rules side panel, choose Security > Users. The User Search window displays in the work area.
- Enter applicable search criteria and choose the Search icon. A list of users displays.
- In the Search Results panel of the User Search window, choose the User whose Printer Preferences are to be set up.
- Choose the Details icon. The User Details window displays.
- In the User Details window, choose the Printer Preferences tab. The Printer Preferences tab window displays.
- Enter the information in the applicable fields. Refer Table 1 for field value descriptions.
- Choose the Save icon.
For more information about Setting Up a User (Creating, Modifying, or Deleting a User), see Defining users.
|Printer ID||From the drop down, select the printer ID to be associated with the user.|