Deploying database changes using the CDV tool
About this task
Before you can deploy changes from one
database to another, you must first verify whether there are conflicts.
If there are conflicts, you must export the results to a file in order
to research and resolve conflicts. Once the conflicts have been resolved,
you can re-import the version audit file (
then deploy the changes to the target database. For more information
about resolving conflicts, see Resolving database conflicts using the configuration data versioning tool.
To deploy the database changes:
- Start the Sterling Development and Deployment WorkBench.
- Select . The Logon screen displays.
- Select the names of the source and target databases, and enter the password for each. Click OK. The Compare screen displays.
- Select a From Version Label and a To Version Label, and click OK.
- From the Comparison Results action bar, choose the Deploy icon. The Input window displays.
- In Enter a label for this deployment field,
enter the label number from which you want to deploy the configuration
- If the deployment succeeds, the Status panel displays
a success message. The data is committed to your target database,
and the cache is updated as specified in the
httpurlfield described in Table 1.
- If the deployment fails, the Status panel specifies the errors to resolve, and data is not committed to the target database.
- In a sharded environment, ensure that you run the Colony Map Synchronizer agent after deploying configuration data.
- If the deployment succeeds, the Status panel displays a success message. The data is committed to your target database, and the cache is updated as specified in the