Creating a device sub type
You can create a device sub type.
About this task
To create a device sub type:
- Open the Applications Manager and select the application that you want.
- From the tree in the application rules side panel, choose Device. The Device Setup window displays.
- In the Device Setup window, select Device Type whose Device Sub Type is to be created.
- Choose the Create New icon. The Device Sub Type pop-up window displays.
- Enter information in the applicable fields. Refer to the following table for field value descriptions.
- Choose the Save icon.
Table 1. Device sub type pop-up window Field Description Device Type Device Type indicates the device type for which the device sub type is being created.
This is populated by the system, based on the selection of device type in the Device Setup window.
Device Sub Type Enter a name for the device sub type. Description Enter a brief description for the device sub type. Printer Type Document Association This panel is available when the value of the Device Type is set to "Printer." Printer Type Document Association Select which print documents you would like to associate with the selected printer.Note: If you are configuring a new Device Sub Type for printing the FedEx Carrier Label, ensure that you map the value of the new Device Sub Type in the YCS Mapping table.