Using the condition builder
You can use the condition builder.
About this task
To use the condition builder:
- From the menu bar, choose Applications > Catalog Management. The Catalog Management tree displays in the applications side panel.
- From the Catalog Management tree, choose Products > Items. The Product Item Search window displays in the work area.
- Click the Advanced Item Search icon. The Advanced Item Search window displays.
- To create an item query, select a query entity. Click the query entity button for which you want to build a query. The condition builder popup window displays.
- Select a statement. In the condition builder popup window,
click on Choose Field and select the exact attribute you want as part
of the query. For example,
- Select a query type and attribute value. In the drop down menu on the left, select the desired query type. In the field on the right, either select the desired attribute value from the drop down menu, or type the value if it is a text field. Click the Add button.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until you have all of the statements
you want in your condition. By default, the statements are connected
together through an
- Optionally, edit statements by applying actions. If applicable,
highlight the statement you want to edit and select the desired action.
The following table describes the possible actions.
Table 1. Statement actions Action Description Replace the highlighted statement. The Add button is replaced by a Replace button, and the statement can be selected again by going through Step 5. Delete the highlighted statement. Create a priority operator. For example,
(A AND B) OR Cas opposed to
A AND (B OR C):The statements within the parenthesis are evaluated first.
Remove a priority operator. Create a negation operator. For example,
A AND NOT B.
Remove a negation operator. For example,
A AND NOT Bwould become
A AND B.
ORoperator by an
ANDoperator by an
Once the condition is built as desired, click OK.
- Optionally, edit conditions by applying actions.
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 until you have all the conditions
you need for the query. By default, the conditions are connected together
through an AND operator. If applicable, highlight the condition you
want to edit and select the desired action located in the upper right-hand
corner of the window. The following table describes the possible actions.
Table 2. Condition actions Action Description Return to the condition builder popup window for that condition. Delete the highlighted condition. Replace an
ANDoperator by an
AND NOToperator by an
Once the condition is built, click the Search icon.Important: When building queries using the Alias, Additional Attribute, and Exclusion entities, it is important to build conditions in which all attributes for that particular entity go into the same condition and not into multiple conditions.