Creating password policy parameters
Creating the rule sets up the framework for rule parameters. Afterwards, you configure the password policy in order to specify the actual value of the parameters that are required by the rule.
About this task
- Define a password policy that governs the rule you want.
- Select the rule type associated with the password policy.
- Select the parameters for the rule.
- Specify the parameter values.
To define a password policy and configure parameters, follow these steps:
- Open the Applications Manager and select . The Password Policy List window is displayed.
- In the list window, click the Create New icon. The Password Policy Details window is displayed.
- Specify the following:
Specify a unique name for the password policy. This policy is associated to the user account. Once the name is specified, it cannot be modified.
Provide a brief description of the password policy.
Policy StatusSelect the policy status from the drop-down list. The available options are:
- Disabled - If this option is set, the user account will not be validated against the rules defined in the policy during implementation.
- Enabled - If this option is set, the user account will be associated with the password policy and the account will be validated against all the rules in the policy.
- Click the Create New icon in the Policy Configurations panel. The Rule Parameter Details pop-up window is displayed.
- Select the rule type you want for this policy. A list of rules that have been defined for this rule type is displayed in the Rule Name drop-down list.
- Select the rule name for which the parameter values must be configured. A list of available parameters for this rule is displayed in the Configuration Parameters panel.
- Select the parameter to be configured and click the Details icon. The Parameter Details window is displayed.
- Specify the following:
The parameter name defined in the Rule Parameters panel is displayed here. You cannot modify the parameter name once specified.
Specify the actual value for the parameter that drives the rule associated with it. This value is used by the rule definition class for validation.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Repeat steps 7-9 to configure values for other parameters associated with this rule type and name.
- Click OK to close the Configuration Details window.
- Click the Save icon in the Password Policy Details panel to save the rule configuration details.