Saving a pipeline as a draft
You can save an incomplete pipeline as a draft. This draft can be retrieved for a final save without any necessary validations. When you save and activate the pipeline, the draft pipeline is deleted from the system.
About this task
To save a service as a draft:
- Open the Applications Manager and select the application that you want.
- In the Process Modeling window, select the Order, Load, or General tab to view the corresponding process modeling tree for that base document type.
- In the Process Types swimlane, right-click on the applicable process type and choose Model Process. The Repository Details window and work area display for the corresponding process type.
- Choose the Pipeline Tab.
- Configure a pipeline as per the rules detailed in this section.
- Choose the Save As icon. The pipeline is saved as a draft service.
- When you are ready to save it as a complete
and functional pipeline, choose the Save icon. Note: During runtime, when a status is reached that has been configured to be picked up by more than one TaskQ-based transaction in the pipeline, Sterling Order Management System Software creates a TaskQ record for each of those transactions.Note: This includes situations where the Yes and No branches of a condition both drop into the same status, but feed into different TaskQ-based transactions.Note: When you save a pipeline as a draft, any existing draft for the pipeline is overwritten. When you save the draft as an actual pipeline, any existing pipeline with the same pipeline ID is overwritten.Note: The Order Delivered Status can be picked up by more than one transaction. There is no implied order of processing between these transactions. Depending on which transaction is run first, this status is processed.