Modifying a pipeline
You can modify a pipeline.
About this task
Note: Sterling Order Management System Software does not support modification of pipelines while it is processing transactions. Modify pipelines only on a quiet system, when no APIs or agents are running.
Note: If high availability is a concern, never modify pipelines directly in production. Make all the changes in your test, and then migrate the changes to your production environment using the Sterling Order Management System Software Configuration Deployment Tool.
To modify a pipeline:
- Open the Applications Manager and select the application that you want.
- In the Process Modeling window, select the Order, Load, or General tab to view the corresponding process modeling tree for that base document type.
- In the Process Types swimlane, right-click on the applicable process type and choose Model Process. The Repository Details window and work area display for the corresponding process type.
- Choose the Pipeline tab.
- Expand the Pipelines branch.
- Select the applicable pipeline and choose the Details icon. The Pipeline Detail window displays in the work area.
- Using the rules and concepts are detailed in the basic configuration, modify the pipeline according to your business practices. For more information about how to use the drag and drop window, see Drag and Drop Window.
- Choose the Save icon. Note: During runtime, when a status is reached that has been configured to be picked up by more than one TaskQ-based transaction in the pipeline, Sterling Order Management System Software creates a TaskQ record for each of those transactions. This includes situations where the Yes and No branches of a condition both drop into the same status, but feed into different TaskQ-based transactions.