Modify the conditions in a line approval rule
You, as an enterprise user, can modify the conditions under which an approval rule will become applicable.
About this task
To modify the conditions in a line approval rule:
- Navigate to the
Approval Rule Summary screen. To navigate to the Approval Rule Summary
screen, perform the following steps:
- Log in to Business Center as Pricing Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Pricing tab.
- From the Pricing home page, click Find Approval Rule in the Quotes dashlet.
- The Approval Rule Search screen is displayed. Enter the search criteria and click Search to perform a basic search. Alternatively, click Advanced Search, enter the search criteria, and click Search to perform an advanced search.
- The approval rules matching the search criteria are
displayed. Click the Rule ID hyperlink or double-click
the row corresponding to the approval rule. The Approval Rule Summary
screen is displayed. Note: If only one approval rule matches the search criteria, the details of the corresponding approval rule are automatically displayed.
- In the Conditions panel,
perform the following steps:
- Click the condition that you want to modify.
- In the row that is displayed, click the Search icon adjacent the <entity attributes for condition> field to select a new line-level entity attribute. For example, you can select manual discount, item attribute, and so on in the dialog box that is displayed.
- A dialog box containing the available entity attributes in a tree hierarchy is displayed. Select an entity attribute depending on fields that are displayed in the dynamic panel. For example, if you select Item Attribute from the tree hierarchy, a field that enables the selection of the corresponding attribute value is displayed.
- You can establish an “and” or “or” relationship
between the conditions in a rule. Perform the following steps to establish
a relationship between conditions in a rule:
- From the <Operator> drop-down list in the dynamic panel, select And to establish an “and” relationship between the conditions in a rule. If all the selected conditions are evaluated as True, the result will be True. If any of the selected conditions are evaluated as False, the result will be False.
- From the <Operator> drop-down list in the dynamic panel, select Or to establish an “or” relationship between the conditions in a rule. If any of the selected conditions are evaluated as True, the result will be True. If all the selected conditions are evaluated as False, the result will be False.
- To negate a condition, select the condition and click Not.
The entity attribute in the condition is negated. Note:
- You can select only one condition in a rule at a time.
- You cannot select multiple operators between the conditions in a group. For example, if you have created three conditions, A, B, and C, you can either establish an “and” relationship or an “or” relationship between the conditions.
- You cannot modify the sequence of the fields in the row in which a condition is created.
- Click Save.