Sterling Configure, Price, Quote requires a tiered environment, using a combination of application server, Web server, and database server software. After the environment is set up, you can install the base software, which is IBM® Sterling Order Management System Software, as a required first step. Depending on the licensing agreement, you may also install other applications on top of the base layer.
- Individual development environment, a working environment in which developers create customizations
- Staging environment, a testing environment that integrates all changes and that usually mirrors the production environment
- Production environment, where final, tested changes are deployed
- Verify stack requirements.
- Install and configure a database, either Db2 or Oracle.
- Install and configure one of the following application servers: IBM WebSphere, JBoss, or Oracle WebLogic.
- Install the base software and other components supported by the licensing agreement.
- From the installation directory, build an EAR file. Then deploy the EAR file to the appropriate environment, whether development, staging, or production.