Creating a device
You can create a device.
About this task
To create a device:
- Open the Applications Manager and select the application that you want.
- From the tree in the application rules side panel, choose Device. The Device Setup window displays.
- In the Device Setup window, select the relevant Device Type and Device Sub Type whose Device is to be created.
- Choose the Create New icon. The Device pop-up window displays.
- Enter information in the applicable fields. Refer Table 1 for field value descriptions.
- Choose the Save icon.
Table 1. Device pop-up window Field Description Device Type Device Type indicates the device type for which the device is being created.
This is populated by the system, based on the selection of device type in the Device Setup window.
Device Sub Type Device Sub Type indicates the device sub type for which the device is being created.
This is populated by the system, based on the selection of device sub type in the Device Setup window.
Device ID Enter the name for the device.
This identifies the device throughout the system.
Device Attributes This indicates the additional attributes of the device.
For more information about setting up a device attribute, refer to Setting up a device attribute.