Creating a service
You can create a service.
About this task
To create a service:
- Open the Applications Manager and select the application that you want.
- In the Process Modeling window, select the Order, Load, or General tab to view the corresponding process modeling tree for that base document type.
- In the Process Types swimlane, right-click on the applicable process type and choose Model Process. The Repository Details window and work area display for the corresponding process type.
- Choose the Service Definitions Tab and select the parent node of the current Service Definition tree.
- Choose the Process Type Services node and choose the Create New icon. The Create New Service Properties dialog box displays.
- Enter information in the applicable fields. Refer to Table 1 for field value descriptions.
- Choose OK. The Service Details Window displays.
Note: It is recommended that all Services defined by you should contain the prefix "EXTN_" to avoid conflicts between factory-shipped services and the custom defined services.
Table 1. Create new service window Property Description Service Name Enter the service name. Service Group Name Enter the service group the new service should be categorized in.
As long as the service group is populated with services, it cannot be deleted. When you delete all services within a group, the group container is automatically deleted.
This Service Provides Real-time Responses Select this if the service returns a response to the caller when invoked. This option is only available for services that are invoked synchronously, whether from within Sterling Order Management System Software or externally.Note: When this property is selected, asynchronous transports cannot be added to the service. Is Print Service Select this service to print labels. Is Data Loading Service Select this service to load data. This Service Is Invoked by an External System or from within Sterling Order Management System Software. In an Asynchronous Mode Select this option when the service must start by retrieving a message from an asynchronous transport source.
The service starts from a queue or database. The definition of the service does not need detail how the message arrives at asynchronous source such as queue or database.
When this option is selected the first node after the start node must be an asynchronous transport node.
In a Synchronous Mode Select this option when the service is invoked from Sterling Order Management System Software or through an API synchronously.