Passing the IP address to the interface
You can pass the extracted IP address to the interface.
About this task
Perform the following steps to pass the extracted IP address to the interface:
- Use the IPasswordPolicyForSecretAnswers interface to check for failed answers from a particular IP.
- The IP address is available in the onAnswerFailure() method of this interface.
- Use the following parameters in the implementation class for validation. You can
configure the values for these parameters in the password policy as required:
- MaxFailedLogins—Number of allowed invalid password attempts within the interval specified in the attribute, CheckIntervalMinutes.
- CheckIntervalMinutes—Time interval (in minutes) allowed for invalid login attempts, after which the IP is blocked for this duration.