Insights in visualizations
IBM® Cognos Analytics provides analytic insights that help you to detect and validate important relationships and meaningful differences based on the data that is presented by the visualization.
When you turn on insights, the summary appears in the Insights box and related visualization elements are highlighted and details are provided in the corresponding tooltip message. You can control each available insight separately.
- In a visualization that supports insights, click the Insights icon or the Analytics tab.
- Enable Insights.
- Depending on the visualization, the following insights are shown:
- Average Provides the mean of the displayed target value.
- Predictive strength Shows the predictive strength of the relationship between the target and explanatory fields.
- Fit line Shows when either a linear or quadratic relationship exists between the target and explanatory fields.
- Meaningful differences Shows values that are most significantly higher or less than the average or trend.
- Most frequent Shows values that are most frequently reported.