Use a bar visualization to compare values by one or more columns.
Bar visualizations use horizontal data markers that are arranged in groups to compare individual values. You can use bar visualizations to compare discrete data or to show trends over time.
A bar visualization can show change over a specific time period or can compare and contrast two or more columns in a time period or over time. If there are so many bars that the labels are impossible to read, filter the data to focus on a subset of the data or use a tree map.
The preceding bar visualization was created by using the data in the Customer_analysis_targets.xlsx source. To recreate this visualization, complete the following steps:
- From a dashboard, click Visualizations and select Bar.
- Click Sources and from Team content, open .
- Move the following data sets to the indicated fields:
- Drag State type onto the Bars field.
- Drag Maximum range onto the Length field.
- Drag Target onto the Target field.
The following animation demonstrates the previous steps: