Changing manually encrypted settings
You can manually change encrypted settings, such as passwords and user credentials, in the cogstartup.xml file.
To prompt IBM® Cognos® Configuration to save an encrypted setting, you change the value and then set the encryption flag to false.
- Go to the install_location/configuration directory.
- Open the cogstartup.xml file in an editor.
- Find the encrypted setting you want to change by looking
at the help and description comments that appear before the start
tag of the
- Change the value of the
<crn:value>element to suit your environment.Tip: Use the type attribute to help you determine the data type for the configuration property.
- Change the encryption value to false.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 until the configuration values are appropriate for your environment.
- Save and close the file.
- Type the following configuration command: