Add Currencies to the User Interface
You can add supported or unsupported currencies to the user interface. You add supported currencies in IBM® Cognos® Configuration. You add unsupported currencies to the i18n_res.xml file that is provided in IBM Cognos.
If you add a currency code that is not supported by IBM Cognos, you must manually add it to the i18n_res.xml file in the install_location/configuration directory. Copy this file to each IBM Cognos computer in your installation.
- On each Content Manager computer, start IBM Cognos Configuration.
- From the Actions menu, click Edit Global Configuration.
- Click the Currencies tab.
- Click Add. Tip: To remove support, select the check box next to the supported item and then click Remove.
- In the second column, type an appropriate value.
The value you add must comply with ISO 4217 codes for the representation of currencies and formats. Usually the value you add is a three-letter alphabetic code. The first two characters are letters representing the ISO 3166 country or region code for the country or region the currency is from. The additional letter represents the first letter of the currency.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 for other types of support that you want to add.
- From the File menu, click Save.