Using the timeline
You can use the timeline to define when a widget enters or exits a scene, and to test a scene.
About this task
By default, all objects and widgets in a scene are visible for the full duration of the scene. To make an object appear or disappear, change the start time or end time that the object is visible anywhere along the timeline. The default duration for a scene is five seconds, which you can change.
- Open the story. The scene selector contains the scenes in the story.
- Click Open timeline .
- To change the canvas layering order of objects in a scene, click and drag timelines up and down to reorder them. You can also click and drag objects in the timeline from side to side.
- To change the granularity of the timeline, click Zoom in , Zoom out , or Zoom to fit .
- Test the scene in any of the following ways:
- Click Play .
- Slide the timeline scrubber along the timeline to see what the scene looks like at a specific point in time.
- To close the timeline and return to the scene selector, click Close .