Integration with other Cognos products
IBM® Cognos® Analytics integrates with supported versions of other IBM Cognos products.
The following list includes the IBM Cognos products that work with IBM Cognos Analytics. These products can be installed by using the custom installation of IBM Cognos Analytics.
- Cognos Planning - Analyst
- For supported versions, you can access published plan data in IBM Cognos Analytics by using the Generate Framework Manager Model wizard. For more information, see the IBM Cognos Analyst User Guide.
- Cognos Planning - Contributor
- For supported versions, you can access unpublished (real-time) Contributor cubes in IBM Cognos Analytics by custom installing the IBM Cognos Analytics - Contributor Data Server component that is included with IBM Cognos Planning - Contributor.
- For supported versions, you can access published plan data in IBM Cognos Analytics by using the Generate Framework Manager Model administration extension in Contributor. For more information, see the IBM Cognos Contributor Administration Guide.
- Cognos Finance
- You can access IBM Cognos Finance cubes that are secured against a Series 7 namespace by using the IBM Cognos Finance Network API Service. You can also export data and metadata from IBM Cognos Finance for use in Framework Manager.
- Cognos Controller
- You can access IBM Cognos Analytics to create IBM Cognos Controller Standard Reports by using a predefined Framework Manager model that is created when IBM Cognos Controller is installed. You can also access published Controller data and structures in Framework Manager for custom reporting and analysis.
- Cognos Transformer
- You can use IBM Cognos PowerCubes and Transformer models, that were generated by supported Transformer versions, directly in IBM Cognos Analytics. The cubes and models are upwards compatible and require no migration or upgrade tools. You can run reports and analyses in IBM Cognos Analytics against the IBM Cognos PowerCubes.
- Cognos TM1®
- IBM Cognos TM1 integrates business planning, performance measurement and operational data to enable companies to optimize business effectiveness and customer interaction regardless of geography or structure. Cognos TM1 provides immediate visibility into data, accountability within a collaborative process, and a consistent view of information, allowing managers to quickly stabilize operational fluctuations and take advantage of new opportunities. For more information, see the IBM Cognos TM1 User Guide.
- Cognos PowerPlay
- You use IBM® Cognos® PowerPlay® Studio to create and view reports that are based on PowerCube data sources. For more information, see the IBM Cognos PowerPlay Studio User Guide.