Changing a port or URI setting
Use the following procedure to change URI properties in IBM® Cognos® Configuration.
Important: You must specify fully qualified host names in the values for the following Cognos Configuration fields. Each value you specify must also appear in either the field or the field .
- Gateway URI
- External dispatcher URI
- Internal dispatcher URI
- Dispatcher URI for external applications
- Content Manager URIs
- Group contact host
- Member coordination host
- Server common name
- Start IBM Cognos Configuration.
- In the Explorer window, click the
appropriate group or component:
- To change an element for the dispatcher, click Environment.
- To change an element for the local log server, under Environment, click Logging.
- In the Properties window, click the Value box next to the URI property that you want to change.
- Select the element and type the new information.
- To change the port used by the local dispatcher, change the value of the internal dispatcher URI property. Because the change affects all the URIs that are based on the local dispatcher, you must change the URIs of all local components.
- If you change the dispatcher port in the dispatcher URI, ensure that you specify the new port number when you configure remote computers that use the dispatcher, Content Manager, or Software Development Kit services on this system.
- For HTTPS/SSL configurations, make sure to use fully qualified hostname for URIs.
- From the File menu, click Save.