Changing the location of temporary report output
When users run interactive reports, the report output is stored in Content Manager or in a temporary session cache in the local report file system. You can change the location of the temporary session cache to a remote computer such as a shared directory on a Microsoft Windows based system or a common mounted directory on a UNIX or Linux® based system.
By default, the location of the temporary session cache on the report file system is install_location/temp/session. The session directory is created by the report server when the first request from a user session is received.
- Start IBM® Cognos® Configuration on the computers where Application Tier Components are installed.
- In the Explorer window, click Environment.
- In the Properties window, click the value for Temporary files location, and then click the edit icon .
- In the Select Folder dialog box, use the Save in box to locate the computer and directory, and then click Select.
- From the File menu, click Save.
When a user runs an interactive report session, the temporary report output is now stored in the new location.