Changing the location of data files
You can change the location of the data folder, which contains data files created by Cognos Analytics components.
The default location of this folder is installation_location/data
If you specify that data files reside on a shared network drive, then the active and standby Content Manager computers will try to access the same Search Index files in the data/search folder. As a result, users will see this message:
Unable to retrieve activities at this time. ADM-ERR-001
In addition, error messages will be logged and the index may get corrupted. Here is an example of a logged error message caused by the data folder being configured on a shared disk:
org.apache.lucene.store.AlreadyClosedException: Already closed: MMapIndexInput(path="\\myshare\cognos11\data\search\collections\cm\data\index\_c0d_Lucene50_0.tim") at org.apache.lucene.store.ByteBufferIndexInput.readBytes(ByteBufferIndexInput.java:106) ~[lucene-core-8.2.0.jar:8.2.0 31d7ec7bbfdcd2c4cc61d9d35e962165410b65fe - ivera - 2021-04-19 15:05:56]
- On the Application Tier Components computer, start IBM® Cognos® Configuration.
- In the Explorer window, click Environment.
- In the Properties window, click the value for Data files location.
- Click the edit button .
- In the Select Folder window, navigate to the directory you want and then click Select.
- From the File menu, click Save.