Installing the Image service on Microsoft Windows 10
You can install the Image service either on the same computer or on a different computer from where Cognos Analytics is installed.
The Image service supports Linux and Windows 10 platforms and requires Docker to be installed. Docker CE (Community Edition), Docker Engine, and Docker Desktop (CE) are supported.
Before you begin
To ensure that Linux containers can run on a windows host, verify that the Hyper-V Platform is running:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Click Turn Windows Features on or off.
- Find and expand the Hyper-V option.
- Ensure that the Hyper-V Platform is checked.
Install Docker as the container engine for the Image service. Follow the Microsoft Windows 10 procedures at Installing Docker Desktop for Windows
- Right-click the Docker icon in the bottom-right corner of the window and then select the option to switch to Linux containers.
- Re-install Docker Desktop, ensuring that you do not select the option to use Windows containers instead of Linux containers.
You must be added to the Docker group for any Docker command to run without root privileges.
You must set the fully qualified domain in Cognos Configuration using the following procedure:
- In IBM Cognos Configuration, in the Explorer window, click Environment.
- Under the Dispatcher URI for external applications set the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for the IBM Cognos Analytics server.
- Under the Gateway URI set the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for the IBM Cognos Analytics server.
- Click File > Save.
- Restart the Cognos Analytics service.
- Download the IBM® Cognos® Analytics Server installer (11.2.4 and above) and Server repository from Passport Advantage.
- Double click the installer file.
- Follow the directions in the installation wizard to copy and install the files to your
computer. The folder cognos_installation_location/image-service folder contains two subfolders:
- image-service/scriptsTip: The folder image-service/scripts/unix contains all the scripts that you need to run.
Purpose build.bat Run this to rebuild the images. config.conf Edit this configuration file to change the Image service parameters. install.bat Run this to load and start the Docker containers. prune.bat Run this to remove old Docker images. start.bat Run this to start the Image service. stop.bat Run this to stop the Image service. uninstall.bat Run this to uninstall the Image service.
- Open a command prompt window with administrator privileges.
- Navigate to the image-service/scripts/windows directory.
- Type ./install.bat
The install script runs.