Upgrading your installation for Microsoft Windows
You can install a newer version of IBM® Cognos® Analytics for Jupyter Notebook Server without manually uninstalling your current version.
Note: This task involves specifying a different location as your installation directory.
About this task
For a demonstration of how to upgrade your Jupyter Server installation, watch this video:
- Follow steps 1 to 4 in Installing Jupyter Notebook server on Microsoft Windows 10, specifying a different installation location when prompted.
- If you are upgrading from Cognos Analytics version 11.1.6 or later, copy the files additional_pip_packages.txt and additional_conda_packages.txt from current_jupyter_installation_location/dist/scripts/ and paste them into the corresponding folder in your new location: new_jupyter_installation_location/dist/scripts/.
- If you are upgrading from Cognos Analytics version 11.1.5 or earlier, copy the contents
of the file additional_packages.txt from
paste it into one or both of the following files, as required:
- Copy the file current_jupyter_installation_location/dist/scripts/windows/config.conf and paste it into the corresponding folder in your new location: new_jupyter_installation_location/dist/scripts/windows/.
- Open a command prompt window with administrator privileges.
- Navigate to the new_jupyter_installation_locationdist/scripts/windows directory.
- Type ./install.bat
Your current installation is uninstalled. Then all of the Jupyter Server Docker images are loaded from the new_jupyter_installation_location/dist/images directory and the Docker containers are started.