Example: Checking the requirements for installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 8.1
In this example, you use the Supported Software Environments page to run Software Product Compatibility Reports (SPCR) reports that identify component requirements.
Before you begin
About this task
You want to install Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 8.1 as the operating system on which you will later install Cognos Analytics 11.2.3. You have a Windows x86 computer with a 64-bit processor. Before you can install RHEL 8.1 successfully, you must identify and install any prerequisite software.
- Read the topic Review supported environments.
- Click the link IBM Software Product Compatibility Reports page.
- Scroll to the Cognos Analytics on Premises 11.2.3 section, and in
the Requirements by platform column, click
The Software Product Compatibility Reports (SPCR) report appears.
- Find the x86-64 row, and in the Details column, click
- Find the Cognos Analytics Server row, and in the Update
8.1 column, note the reference to Notes (8) .
- In Notes (8), you see that you must install additional packages by
entering the following commands:
yum install libXtst
yum install libX11.so.6
yum install libnsl
yum install nspr.i686 nspr.x86_64
yum install nss.i686 nss.x86_64
yum install motif.i686 motif.x86_64
yum install libnsl.so.1
yum install libstdc++.so.6
- Install the additional packages listed above.