Producing a Report in CSV Format
Reports saved in CSV format
- support Unicode data across many client operating systems
- are UTF-16 Little Endian data encoded
- include a BOM (Byte Order Mark) at the beginning of the file
- are tab-delimited
- do not enclose strings in quotation marks
- use a new line character to delimit rows
You can open reports saved in CSV format using a variety of spreadsheet software applications. By default, reports produced in CSV format will appear in the application associated with the .csv file type.
You cannot produce the following in CSV format:
- charts that do not have at least one category or series
- reports that have more than one query defined in the report, unless the additional queries are used for prompts
In the IBM Cognos Analytics portal, you can configure the CSV output to suit your environment. For example, you can specify the character used to delimit fields. For more information, see the IBM Cognos Analytics Administration and Security Guide.