Customize the Legend in a chart
You can hide or show the legend and change its position relative to the chart area, chart body, or a data item. For example, in a bar chart showing revenue for each product line by country or region, you could use the expression [Country or Region] = 'Canada' to position the legend relative to the Canada bar.
- Select the chart object.
- In the Properties pane, under Chart Annotations, double-click the Legend property.
- To show the legend on the chart, select the Show Legend check box.
- To choose a preset legend position, click Preset and click a position from the diagram.
- To choose a customized legend position, do the following:
- Click Advanced and click the ellipsis button.
- To display the legend at a set distance from the sides of the chart area, from the Anchor list, click Relative to Chart.
- To display the legend at a set distance from the sides of the chart body, from the Anchor list, click Relative to Chart Body.
- To display the legend at a set distance from a data item, such as a specific pie slice in a pie chart, from the Anchor list, click Report Expression, click the ellipsis button beside Expression, and enter an expression in the Report Expression dialog box.
- Set the horizontal and vertical distances from the anchor.