Configuring a second instance of IBM Cognos Analytics on one computer
Before you begin
For the new version of the product, you require a new content store. If you are upgrading your entire content store, create a content store from a backup of your existing content store. If you are moving your content with deployment archives you can create a blank content store database.
Ensure that you have your new content store database in place before you configure the new version of the product.
- For the new instance of IBM Cognos Analytics, start IBM Cognos Configuration.
- In the Explorer window, click Environment.
- Ensure that the port numbers for the following settings
do not conflict with your other instance or version of IBM
- Dispatcher URIs for gateway
- External dispatcher URI
- Internal dispatcher URI
- Dispatcher URI for external applications
- Content Manager URIs
- Ensure that the Gateway URI uses a different virtual directory or alias than your other instance or version of IBM Cognos Analytics.
- Click Logging, and ensure that the Local log server port number is unique.
- If you are using Portal Services, update the applications.xml file
- In the Explorer window, click Environment > Portal Services.
- In the Properties window, ensure that the port number for the Location of applications.xml property matches the port number for the other URI properties.
- In the Explorer window, under Data Access > Content Manager, ensure that you do not use the same content store that is used for your other instance or version of IBM Cognos Analytics.
- Save the configuration, and start IBM Cognos Analytics.