Creating a Secure Gateway instance
Creating a Secure Gateway instance is the first step in establishing a connection between the IBM Secure Gateway server and your on-premises data.
- If no Secure Gateway instances exist yet, the Secure Gateway page appears.
- If other gateways exist, the Secure Gateway list appears.
- Launch the Connect to an on-premises database wizard.
- If you are on the Secure Gateway page, click Create.
- If you are on the Secure Gateway list page, click the Add Gateway button .
- Enter a name for the gateway. Note: You can ignore the token expiration value for now. It refers to the security token that will be generated for your new gateway.
- Click Create.
The gateway instance is created and the wizard advances to the next page.
Your next step is to install and configure the Secure Gateway Client.