Installing IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office on a x64 Windows system
To install the 64-bit version of IBM® Cognos® for Microsoft Office, you run an issetup.exe file from the appropriate directory on the product CD or central LAN location. The file installs a security update for Microsoft .NET Framework and then installs the IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office components.
Before you begin
IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office is available as a 32-bit and 64-bit installation. You can install the 32-bit client on a 64-bit operating system, but the 32-bit and 64-bit clients cannot coexist on the same Microsoft Windows computer.
Before you update and install components, ensure that you
- have administrative privileges on the computer
- installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 or later
- uninstalled any previous version of IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office
- have the appropriate license to use your IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office product
About this task
To deploy IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office with PowerPlay®, you can configure gateway mappings so that IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office users can access PowerPlay reports that reside on a PowerPlay server. You can also configure the size of report that can be imported from IBM Cognos Analytics to IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office. For more information about gateway mappings and report size limits, see the IBM Cognos Analytics Administration and Security Guide.
Application samples for IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office are on a separate disk. If you want to use the samples, your IBM Cognos Analytics administrator must install them from the IBM Cognos Analytics Samples disk.
- Insert the IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office CD or go to the location
where the installation files were downloaded.
The Welcome page of the installation wizard appears when you insert the CD.
- If no Welcome page appears or you are not installing from the CD, go to the winx64h directory, and double-click issetup.exe.
- Select the language to use for the installation
The language that you select determines the language of the user interface. You can change the language to any of the installed languages after installation.
- In the License Agreement page, select I Agree and then click Next.
- Repeat step 4 for the non-IBM license agreement.
- In the Installation Location page, select the installation directory,
such as C:\Program Files\IBM\cognos\Cognos for Microsoft
Office\, and then click Next.
If a dialog box is displayed advising you to uninstall a previous version of IBM Cognos Office product, follow the prompts and uninstall the previous version, and then resume the installation.
- In the Component Selection page, select IBM Cognos for Microsoft Office, and then click Next.
- Follow the directions in the installation wizard to copy the required files to your computer.
- In the Finish page of the installation wizard, if you want to see late-breaking information about IBM Cognos components, click View IBM Cognos Release Notes.
- Click Finish.