Change a Reused Object
About this task
If you reuse a visualization, you cannot change the data container of the visualization.
- In the parent object to reuse, click the child object to change.
- In the Properties pane, set the Name property
to a value beginning with a letter to uniquely identify the object.
IBM® Cognos® Analytics - Reporting may have already specified a name for the object.
- Select the copy of the parent object you created with the Layout component reference object.
- In the Properties pane, double-click the Overrides property.
- In the Overrides dialog box, select
the child object to change and click OK.
The child object in the copy of the parent object is replaced by the following text:
Drop item to override component child.
- Drag an object to replace the child object.
You can replace the child object with any other object, not just an object of the same type. For example, if the child object is a text item, you can replace it with an image.