Importing metadata from Architect models or Impromptu catalogs
To import metadata from an IBM® Cognos® Architect model or an Impromptu catalog, you must first convert it to XML files. Because of differences between IBM Cognos Series 7 and IBM Cognos Analytics, after you import the migrated metadata in IBM Cognos Framework Manager, additional work is required to test and refine the metadata.
- Ensure that you exported the Architect model or Impromptu catalog.
- Click the namespace, folder, or segment you want to import into.
- Click Actions, Run Metadata Wizard.
- Click either IBM Cognos Architect (.xml) or IBM Cognos Impromptu (.xml), and click Next.
- Locate the Architect or Impromptu XML
file that contains the metadata to import.
A message in the XML Preview window confirms that you chose a valid XML file.
- Click Open.
- Select the namespace containing your Series 7 security information.
- Click Import.
A list of created objects displays.
- If you want to verify the imported metadata, click the Verify after import check box.
- Click Finish.