Searching and zooming in a map
When you use a map in a report, you can search and automatically zoom into items that are matched on your maps. For example, small regions that are spread over a large area.
- Click New and then click Report.
- Leave the default values in the Select a template window and click OK.
- In the Visualization gallery window, select Map.
- In the left pane, click Sources, and then click Select sources. Select a data source that contains location data.
- In the visualization, expand and select Locations.
- In the left pane, expand your data items and drag location data to the Locations data slot.
- In the visualization, click the search icon and enter a location to search for. Note: The zoom level is not saved when the report is saved.
- To enable or disable the search function, click the Properties icon, and open the Map section Enable search control.
The following example shows a search for the city of Calgary.