Installing on Macintosh using IBM Installer
On Macintosh, use the IBM Installer to install IBM Secure Gateway Client.
Note: If you are viewing the Add client page on the wizard, but already installed Secure Gateway Client, do the following:
- Select I have already installed the client and click Next.
- Proceed to Adding a destination.
Install the Secure Gateway into your IT environment where your corporate security policy allows. This would typically be in a protected yellow zone or DMZ where your company can institute the appropriate security controls to protect on-premises assets. Always follow your corporate security policies and instructions when you install the Secure Gateway client.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you created a Secure Gateway instance.
- Select IBM Installer and then click Next.
- Under Operating system, select Macintosh.
- Click Download client.
- Follow the prompts to install the IBM client.
- Copy the Gateway ID and Security token values into
a text file for later use. Tip: You will need these values when you configure the client.
- Click Next.
The Secure Gateway Client is installed and configured and the wizard advances to the next page.
Your next step is to add an on-premises destination database.