Map Supported Fonts to Installed Fonts
You can substitute global fonts, which are not installed on the computer, for physical fonts.
You map fonts on each computer where the Application Tier Components are installed.
For example, you add a font to the list of supported fonts that is not installed on the IBM® Cognos® computer. You can specify which font to use as a substitute.
If you want to print reports faster by using the built-in PDF fonts, you can map a global font such as Arial to one of the built-in PDF fonts, such as Helvetica-PDF, using the following steps. You can also select one of the built-in PDF fonts for a text object in Reporting or Query Studio. For more information, see the Query Studio User Guide or the Reporting User Guide.
- On each Application Tier Components computer, start IBM Cognos Configuration.
- In the Explorer window, click Environment.
- In the Properties window, click
the Value box next to the Physical
fonts map property, and then click the edit icon .
The Value - Physical fonts map dialog box appears.
- Click Add. Tip: To remove a font, select the check box next to the font and click Remove.
- In the Global Font Name box, type the name of the font you added to the supported font list.
- Click the Physical Font Name box.
- If you know the physical font name, type it. Otherwise,
click the edit icon .
In the Physical Font Name dialog box, click Search Now and then click a font name from the results.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 for each global font that requires mapping.
- Click OK.
- From the File menu, click Save.