Adding points and regions to a schematic in a dashboard
You can enhance IBM® Cognos® Analytics schematics by using point or region information. Use point and region information by adding a layer on the schematic to display the additional information.
- Create a dashboard.
- Click .If there are no custom visuals available, then you can add a custom visual through the Add a custom visual button.
- Select the schematic that you want to use.
- Click Sources and select a data source that you want to use.
On the Fields pane, click the down arrow and select:
- In the left pane, expand your data items and drag point or region data to the Locations field.
- Drag a measure to the Location color or Point color field.
A schematic example that displays a UK Parliament House of commons SVG. Seat keys are mapped to constituencies.The Regions layer shows a leave or stay. The Points layer shows the leave estimate.