Testing the installation of IBM Cognos Cube Designer
You can test the installation of the IBM® Cognos® Cube Designer by verifying that the shortcut appears on the Start menu and it can be accessed from Framework Manager, if Framework Manager is installed.
- To test the installation from the Start menu, from the Windows Start menu, click .
To test the installation from Framework Manager:
- Launch the Framework Manager software.
From the Welcome page, choose to open a project or create one.
- To open an existing project, click Open a project, browse to locate the project folder, select the .cpf file, and click Open.
- To create a project, click Create a new project.
- From the Tools menu, click Run IBM Cognos Cube Designer.
You can test Dynamic Cubes with your IBM Cognos Analytics application server by modeling a simple cube (one dimension, one hierarchy, and one measure), publishing it to a data source, and deploying it to a server. For more information, see the IBM Cognos Dynamic Cubes User Guide.